Quick update to the site. I’ve spent the past few months creating and updating a new website. All patterns and archives have been moved and I am thrilled with the new look!
Please change your subscriptions to http://www.weesheepknits.com.
1. I am Hungarian, Swiss, German, French, Scot, English, and Welsh by heritage.
2. My favorite bands are the Indigo Girls and Great Big Sea.
3. I used to sing in a church band.
4. I have lived in four states and moved at least 10 times. I have never lived in one place for more than five years in my entire life. I have been to 40 states and have traveled to five countries-Japan, Mexico, Thailand, Canada and Costa Rica.
5. I love to knit and have spun my own yarn. I once knit a stole that used over a mile of “cobweb” yarn and had something like 85,000 stitches.
6. I have three kids under age 5 and would love to adopt- someday.
7. When I was High School I was considered to be part of the “airhead society.” I was an honors student, though.
8. I am one of three girls named Julie that I still keep in touch with from Girl Scouts- last initials C, L, and S. The two of us who weren’t “S’s” married men with last names beginning with S. We had to resort to using Sh, Sw and St to tell us apart. Then the third married a man whose last name begins with D. Much easier?
9. My first car was a 1981 Plymouth Reliant K. It was unreliable- the gas tank fell out, the doors froze open and my radio would turn off when the headlights went on.
10. I have a really bad memory. I rely on pictures and music to “take me back.”
11. I used to be a pretty good synchronized swimmer.
12. I also used to ride show horses and could jump three foot fences.
13. In college I was on crew. I coxed the Head of the Charles in 1992. My most interesting event, though, was actually a collision with another boat that cut me off on the Genesee River. My boat was able to race another heat since they got in our way (even though we almost took their heads off).
14. My favorite foods tend to be from the breakfast category. Bagels are a major weakness.
15. I spent my first night on my honeymoon in the Ice Hotel in Quebec- average temperature of 28 degrees.
16. When I was a kid I was allergic to chocolate and peanut butter. I’ve outgrown those allergies.
17. I found out I have a mild form of Spina Bifida when I was 27.
18. I love language- words, the meanings behind them- and especially accents.
19. I never want to travel without my immediate family and I don’t prefer flying.
20. I have a love/hate relationship with reality TV.
21. My hair has gotten curlier with each of my pregnancies.
22. I am a born again Christian.
23. I recently picked up the viola again.
24. My favorite colors are all dark. I’m not a pastel girl.
25. My kids are really cool.
Yeah, I know I was quiet for a while, but it feels like I’m talking to the air lately. Do I have any readers left? Let’s get some comments going! Some discussion! Some thoughtful prose!
So here’s your thought for the day. Let’s see if this provokes you.
What is your favorite warm weather drink and why?
I personally like a frozen margarita- light on the salt. Non-alcoholic I would go for a fruity smoothie-berry or tropical flavored. They make me think of vacation- a mini move away from the heat and humidity.